As one of the most successful FinTech companies in Europe, Taxfix is an exciting place to work. We’re revolutionizing filing taxes – and saving people money, time and stress by putting a personalized digital tax consultant in the palm of their hands.
In just 2 years, Taxfix has raised €42 million from some of the best investors in the world. We achieved this by putting our customers at the core of what we do and helping them save millions of euros every week.
Our mission is to help people get their maximum tax refunds in a convenient, transparent and timely manner, hassle-free. Our user-friendly Taxfix App enables people to file within 22 minutes, without any prior tax knowledge or complicated forms.
Our talented team creates products that help people improve and simplify their lives. Our diverse group of 100+ people come from over 25 nations, with a shared passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. Join a team of smart, ambitious, driven people who value open communication and processes.
Our Tech Environment
The tax industry is outdated and we have embraced the disruption we can cause here by innovating and thinking outside of the typical "Tax box". We have created our own modelling language - TaxML so our tax experts can focus on designing user journey, while developers can focus on improving the product.
Our Tech stack is React and React Native on the frontend, NodeJs and Elixir on the backend. Everything is running in Docker, orchestrated by Kubernetes and powered by Google Cloud Platform. We are big fans of decentralised end-to-end ownership, cross-system contracts, internal open-source and data-driven decisions.
Our cross-functional teams have full exposure to all of the tech, and we support your development with the areas you want to grow. We have introduced internal Tech communities where you can join the one that excites you the most! We hire for your values and drive to learn - not just your technical skills, we love to foster growth from within.
We love to welcome the Berlin Tech community to our home here at Taxfix for Meetups and events.
- Apply innovative AI technologies to build a Tax Expert System that can model tax logic across multiple countries.
- Develop out a Tax Engine with Elixir and ReactJS.
- Be involved in important product decisions and work closely with the whole team to deliver top-notch Apps.
Our team is looking for someone who is pragmatic, applies the best software engineering principles to build simple abstractions for complex problems, and who enjoys working in an agile environment.
- Passion for crafting high quality and elegant code.
- At least 3 years of work experience as software engineer
- Strong functional programming skills and with at least +1 year of experience developing with Elixir, Haskell, Scala or other FP language.
- Previous experience building maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
- Good understanding of distributed system and requirements for high availability.
- Experience in taking ownership.
What You Gain:
- Get to make an impact on thousands of people’s lives every day
- Be paid a competitive salary with stock options
- Benefit from remote work opportunities and flexible working hours
- Have the option to take German language courses
- Be supported to grow and take leadership from day one
- Work with the best and learn from other competent and brilliant people
- Work in a beautiful, inspiring office in Alexanderplatz
- Have the option to bring your best buddy to work. We love dogs!
- Get relocation and visa support
At Taxfix, we don’t just accept diversity, we celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, color, disability or place of origin. We care about one another at Taxfix and are grateful for each person’s individual contribution to our overall purpose and goals.
Join us to build a better future together!